I live in San Francisco and am the Co-Founder of Two Bit Labs where we develop iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile apps for our clients. I love the mix of team leadership and working as a hands-on contributor. My technical passions include Objective-C, Java, Ruby, Cloud Computing, and open-source software.
I also love to sail and my wife, daughter, and I sailed out the Golden Gate in 2007 on our 38 foot Hans Christian cutter (sailboat) on a 3 year cruise. Read about it at http://sailsugata.com.
I use DreamHost for hosting small personal sites. They are a mixed bag as all shared hosting providers are but for the price and storage they can't be beat. If you choose to signup use promo code GABRITO to save $50 on your first year.
For bigger websites which require load balancing, numerous app servers, database replication, CDN, etc I use the Amazon Cloud Services.
- Backup your Gmail
- Naming your business or product, forget the domain
- Storing Git repositories in Amazon S3 for high availability
- Acceptance Testing non Ruby web applications with Cucumber
- Code readability through conciseness
- Mac OS X gem cleanup failing
- iPhone development the easy way
- Production MySQL performance tuning
- Selenium Continuous Integration Runner
- Standalone Migrations: Using Rails migrations in non Rails projects
- Agile Development
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
- Quality Assurance
- Ruby on Rails
- Search Engine Optimization
- Software Engineering
- Source Control
- Systems Administration
- WAP and WML
Monthly Archives: June 2005
I tell ya, one of the things I love about Ruby, Python, Perl, etc… is that when you make a change to a the code or presentation layer, all you do is hit refresh in your browser. With java and … Continue reading
I had almost written off XMLUnit because I assumed it required subclassing XMLTestCase and I already have my own JUnit TestCase sublass that I like to use. However, to my delight I discovered they have refactored out an XMLAssert class … Continue reading