I live in San Francisco and am the Co-Founder of Two Bit Labs where we develop iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile apps for our clients. I love the mix of team leadership and working as a hands-on contributor. My technical passions include Objective-C, Java, Ruby, Cloud Computing, and open-source software.
I also love to sail and my wife, daughter, and I sailed out the Golden Gate in 2007 on our 38 foot Hans Christian cutter (sailboat) on a 3 year cruise. Read about it at http://sailsugata.com.
I use DreamHost for hosting small personal sites. They are a mixed bag as all shared hosting providers are but for the price and storage they can't be beat. If you choose to signup use promo code GABRITO to save $50 on your first year.
For bigger websites which require load balancing, numerous app servers, database replication, CDN, etc I use the Amazon Cloud Services.
- Backup your Gmail
- Naming your business or product, forget the domain
- Storing Git repositories in Amazon S3 for high availability
- Acceptance Testing non Ruby web applications with Cucumber
- Code readability through conciseness
- Mac OS X gem cleanup failing
- iPhone development the easy way
- Production MySQL performance tuning
- Selenium Continuous Integration Runner
- Standalone Migrations: Using Rails migrations in non Rails projects
- Agile Development
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration
- Quality Assurance
- Ruby on Rails
- Search Engine Optimization
- Software Engineering
- Source Control
- Systems Administration
- WAP and WML
Category Archives: Travel
From 20080511AguaV… October 4th, 2007 was my last day as the VP of Technology at GreatSchools when I handed the reigns over to Chris Pickslay so that Susan, Sequoia, and I could take off on our sailboat to Mexico for … Continue reading
Update 4/20/06: I received the initial message from Orbitz that they had found my target fare of $294 which according to them is less than my target price of $250. Then this morning I received a message that they are … Continue reading